home3 about twitter shop2 contact2

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Deck the hall ball

I'm still recovering from my zombie-ness today. Coffee has bee on tap all morning and will continue through out the day. As I have loads to do as usual. Especially since Christmas is right around the corner so finishing up making gifts is very time consuming and there just isn't enough hours in the day. But last night myself and my friend Lori attended Seattle's annual holiday show Deck the hall ball guest included Sleigh bells, temper trap, cake, jimmy eat world, the black keys and broken bells. Sleigh bells started it off boy did they start it off I remember when my friend first told me about them when she shot there show months back and I knew I would have to see them live someday. When I found out they were playing with the black keys I just died. If you haven't heard of them you need to know who they are.


Sleigh Bells are Derek and Alexis Krauss, they mix the perfect amount of rock and hip hop it's just the right mixture for a great show.



http://www.myspace.com/sleighbellsmusic

So do yourself a favor and check them out.

Next up we had Cake I was so excited I grew up on listening to them with my dad along with matalica,pink floyd and ac/dc so to see them live was kind of surreal I wish he could of been there I can picture him rocking out and his old man dancing he did.

They have a new album coming out January 11. 2011 Some of the new stuff Im liking some not sure about it. Heres one of their new songs sick of you.



I was hoping for short skirt long jacket, sadly I was let down BUT I did get to hear never there so I was happy about that.
Ok now so the band I came for the black keys. Ah I just can't even explain how amazing and great their shows are they really put on a show I saw them back in September also in seattle it was the best show I had been to hands down. You just cant help but dance and get into the music. Ah I want to see see them again already. If you get a chance to see them don't turn it down, also don't wait I missed out seeing them in Portland because I was silly and waited three hours that they had already sold out in that time. Here are some good songs to get you into them then you will be hooked I know it.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AosA6A3V5Bo
I got mine live from portland's crystal ballroom


They even did a dvd for that show. Heres a trailer for it.
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Keys-Live-Crystal-Ballroom/dp/B001HQ6ZC8
you can buy it here. Now if you haven't heard of any of the music in today's post go listen listen listen and let your ears be happy.

xoxo

1 comment: