home3 about twitter shop2 contact2

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Oh dear.

Hello hello, Gosh it feels like I haven't blogged properly in ages. I gave my laptop a little breather (since I am to scared to take her in to find out whats wrong and the price tag that could come along with it) And so far so good. So bare with me this post is a little lengthy and photo heavy. Eeek I can't believe a week ago I was getting back from California gosh I miss it the sun the palm trees and the ocean it was just perfect. It was just the vacation I needed I started my vacation off in Seattle to seeing Campfire ok this was my second time seeing them the first time was in a little church in downtown Portland. This was a whole new show so much bigger and there was even smoke. My camera did not want to take flattery pictures I think it's time to invest in a pretty new lens. BUT my lovely friend Lori did since she was there to do what she does best shoot.



She's going to go places and already is she'll be shooting Sasquatch this year as well as putting some of her photos at a music venue to be looked at by concert goers, So excited for her. So these pictures from our trip are mainly by her. I feel like a horrible tourist I didn't snap any photo's in LA what was wrong me?? Also I got the chance to see The head and the heart as well on saturday right before I saw campfire ok I don't think that day could of been anymore perfect. I know I am not from Seattle but the love for the band there was just amazing to experience. And in related news I just by chance looked to see if there was any tickets for their Portland show left since Seattle sold out in like ten mins or so. And today was my lucky day I nabbed two tickets for their show this Sunday night I shouted OMG OMG a whole lot Autumn thought something was wrong. Now I just need to find someone to go with me. Which didn't take long thankfully my lovely friend tami agreed to go. I hope she falls in love with them to. Ok anywhoo after both shows me and Lori got a good maybe two hours of sleep before we had to get on our shuttle our 4:40am shuttle bus to the airport I felt like a zombie but I was so amped up I think people may have thought we were drunk on the plane didn't help we order bloody mary's on the plane but were on vacation so I say do whatever you want :) We flew with virgin airlines should be known as the party airline when we got our boarding passes they had Michael jackson blaring at 5am it was amazing they even had him blasting when we got to our gate it was great. I knew we were on the right plane, they even had mood lighting and detachable keyboards with a pie bottom which I really wanted it to be for a slice of pie but it was just for food. I think we no I know we were those obnoxious plane people I kind of felt bad but then not I was so sleep deprived everything was funny. Another cool thing about this plane it had chat rooms so you could chat with someone on the plane like if you were separated from someone or if you wanted to hit on someone you thought was cute ;) So next time you fly you should fly virgin airlines. We arrived into LA around 9:30 got on our shuttle to go get our rental car the whole time we chugged our five hour energy which works wonders. As soon as we got the car handled we headed to lunch the whole time getting so anxious to make a tattoo appointment at high voltage. I was praying for a walk in appointment. So we headed over there and if you really want to get tattooed there and are on vacation use that you'll have a good chance of getting in. Thankfully Khoi had a appointment for the following day after that I was even more amped up and stoked my vacation was turing out to be even more fantastic. Monday was my favorite day of our trip we had my tattoo appointment lined up which it is finally all healed up and pretty :) Khoi did a amazing job I absolutely love it. Later that night we got to attend another great band Walking sleep which we happened to see a year before this trip I remember when we planned this trip " Ah wouldn't it be amazing if walking sleep played again while we were in town" Then BAM they had a residency at the satellite (previously known as spaceland) I was so excited to see them again I think they just need to tour in Oregon and washington already someday someday. Their very own Sarah Radle has her own band and opened up that night her set was great she has such a amazing voice she still reminds me of rachel mcadams a little bit. There was another opening band before walking sleep took the stage then it was their turn I was getting even more excited and got to hear some new stuff which I am loving, they are also the nicest people. After the show we talked with hunter a bit while we got ourselves some cute walking sleep shirts and tote bags (They put a bird on it to) haha :) I use that tote quite a lot actually it's so cute how can I not. After that show it was setting in that was our last night in LA and it was bumming me out I felt like we had just got there. We really wanted to go to Disneyland on our trip but just couldn't justify spending $75 when we could only spend four hours before we would have to take the rental car back and shuttle it up to the airport because you have to add at least a hour of traveling time. The traffic sucks but I adjusted and just delt with it there isn't anything you can do about it. So sleep deprived again we thought lets explore LA at 1am and just drive and get lots and drive some more haha. Lori did the driving since I had to many drinks to drive. At the spaceland there is a $20 minimum on cards I really wanted a drink so I did it and bought Lori a drink and myself two that doesn't sound like a lot I know but I am such a light weight these days. I did my drinking at 21 then kind of got tired of it by 22. So we drove to disneyland at 1:30 in the morning you cant see much its surrounded by hotels and trees but we can say we "went" haha in our way. We headed back to her friends apartment to crash I don't even remember falling asleep that night I was so tired I slept like a baby that night. The next day we went out to breakfast at the cutest place called auntie em's delish food and a cute little cafe. I always find it difficult on the last day what to do you have to figure out time when to head back and we never got to go to the beach that we wanted to because it was all coin parking and of course we had zero change so we looked at it from the car said our goodbyes and headed into beverly hills for some sprinkles cupcakes, Last year we went and I honestly didn't like them and thought it was all talk. BUT I tried them again because last time I had dark chocolate which I hate but thats all they had that day. This time I went for a milk chocolate with tons of sprinkles of course and it was amazing. It's still not the best cupcake place I have been to that one still goes to Cupcake royal in Seattle. Boy did I feel out of place in beverly hills I saw a lady that clearly just had major face surgery it was so odd to see along with people in clearly a few thousand dollar outfits. While we were in a Starbucks my friend over heard a mom asking if her daughter wanted a sweater cause it was chilly outside. It was 75 outside REALLY LADY? I was getting hot wearing my black skinny jeans and a t shirt. She probably would have a heart attack or melt if she came to oregon. It defiantly made me appreciate my city that much more. The crazy (in a good way) people of Portland. After we had stuffed our faces of chocolatey goodness we made our way on down to the holy grail of music Amoeba. I remember going to the one in san fran last year and was just awe struck. This one was even bigger. You walk in and just hear angels its over whelming I saw people with list trying to find everything. Which I wish I had done myself my brain was trying to think of records I needed. I walked away with attack and release by the black keys, arcade fire neon bible, interpol antics and turn on the bright lights. As well as a import of Joy division cd for my brother. We don't get a long to great but the one thing we can seem to bond on and agree most of the time is on music so I knew that would make him happy. Sadly after Amoeba our LA journey was over we headed off to the car rental and on to our separate jet planes back to Seattle and Portland. Even though I love LA I missed Portland and always get so excited flying in at night looking down at my hometown. I'm sure I am missing some bits and pieces from this trip but I think I covered most of it, I miss you california and I am trying to plan a road trip for this summer (fingers crossed). Congrats if you read through all of that but I did warn you it would be a long and photo heavy post so. Now here comes the photo part of the post enjoy my friends.













The best vegan food in LA was at the veggie grill. Also I saw Ashlee simpson eating there as well one day which was cool.


Spotted the mural of high voltage when stopping at a grocery store it's a sweet mural.



Head and the heart at easy street records doing an in store performance SO GOOD!


Newest tattoo I will do a proper photo of one soon.











my adorable walking sleep tote :)
Also they have some new music (FREE) on their site for download you should go over HERE RIGHT NOW and check it out they are called the tarp sessions there are three number three isn't up yet but will be soon.



Also check out more of Lori's stuff :)
Lori's flickr her blog



Well I hope everyone is enjoying their day hopefully its sunny where you are at. Id kill for some sun right now you hear that Portland let it be sunny for more then one day a week alright?
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. looks fun! I love veggie grill! I wish there was one on the east coast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your tattoos and the veggie grill looks amazing!

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. looove love love your blog girl! I live in Portland too and I am PRAYING for sunlight. Last weekend was an absolute miracle and needs to happen again!

    <3 Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Caitlin I wish they had veggie grill everywhere I'd eat there everyday.

    @ Sarah thanks :) it was I think you'd just love it.

    @ anna thanks Anna :) yay I love finding blog readers from Portland. I know were supposed to get a tad bit of sun this weekend but only one day. I want spring weather.

    ReplyDelete