home3 about twitter shop2 contact2

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thrifty thursday.

thriftythursday

I haven't been thrifting in what feels like forever to me. I used to go a few times a week. But it seems like everyone on my instagram feed lately has been thrifting up storms. So today after battling with a head cold/stomach bug, my fever had gone down and I needed to get out of the house. It was so sunny outside and even got up to 60, I even had my sun roof open the fresh air felt amazing.
thriftythursday
thriftythursday
thriftythursday
Isn't that house just the cutest?

And so I set off on a few of my favorite thrift stores the first two didn't have much but the third one I said to myself " I will find some awesome finds!". And that I did.

thriftythursday


thriftythursday
The prettiest vintage yellow floral sheets.

thriftythursday

And I am over the moon about the other to finds. Well the pink shabby chic floral duvet cover that I check every time I am in Target just hoping and praying it's on major mark down. Because they want 89.99 and I know from experience if I wait long enough it will wind up at the good will. Because I have found two quilts and sheets still in its original packaging. So After snagging my cute little glass egg organizer which is the cutest little thing. I was scanning the linens just to see if today would be my lucky day. I spotted that floral from aisle away and walked fast but not to obvious what I was going for. Went to check the price and BAM it was my lucky thifting day Originally at 89.99 at target I got it for a glorious 19.99. I grabbed that duvet up so fast and wondered around on the hunt for some pyrex to really make this day. But sadly no luck, there seems to be a pyrex shortage in Portland. Or if I find some they are very beaten up and asking way to much. It's a sad sad thing when thrift stores (good will) marks stuff up way to much. You are not a antique mall and these are not in mint condition. This is a place for low incomes, they come here to shop. It needs to stop asap. I am not giving up on adding to my ever growing pyrex collection. It's a bit of a problem I have but I am ok with it. They are just so darn pretty.
thriftythursday

thriftythursday

What's your favorite thing you love to collect? And have you found any good thrift finds lately?


xo

1 comment:

  1. So excited you found the duvet! I can never ever find anything at our Goodwill. Jealous of your awesome finds!

    ReplyDelete