home3 about twitter shop2 contact2

Friday, August 2, 2013

This weekend and days and weeks to follow..

forsale
Will be crunch time getting ready for the fifth annual Camas vintage street faire. It is hosted in downtown Camas, Washington its beautiful and all historic buildings just a beautiful setting for such an event. And I am so so excited to be apart of something like this. I still can't believe I will be doing this it's been a dream of mine to have my very own booth and one day thought why not right? worst they can say is no but I asked and I will have my very own booth come Saturday August 31st. I've been working on a few furniture pieces sanding and stripping the paint off and getting ready to paint. As well as going through my storage unit this weekend to dig out the stuff that will also be going into the faire.

Tonight while I was sanding some furniture pieces for a few hours I got to thinking "Why do I love doing this stuff so much?" And I thought to myself and it brought me back to my dad and how he loved doing tile. He owned his own business and did all the tile work in this gigantic houses. He would bring me and my sister along to help measure the wonder board, lay and grout the tile it was a very hard labor job and taught us how to really work for things in life. I am getting off point here but he also taught us how to be perfectionist not on purpose anyway but me and my sister are very much perfectionist I think because of him. But he loved to get down and dirty to work on things he loved most besides tile he also loved working on his trucks and anything he could get his hands on. It was a nice little moment to myself of finally figuring why I love doing this work so much its in my bones and I have my dad to thank for that. It's also a huge stress reliever and relaxing to me and something beautiful always comes out in the end. I can't wait to share the before and afters of my projects. I have to find my camera cord first I have seemed to misplaced it somewhere. I also cannot wait to share my experience of the faire here with you guys I just cannot wait, I know August will just fly by so fast just as this past year has like can you believe we only have five months left of this year?!? 0.0 I can't I don't know where the time goes. Anywhoo I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
XO
Tabatha

No comments:

Post a Comment